In view of the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in Singapore and in consideration of the health and safety of all participants of the event, CXOCIETY will be rescheduling the upcoming C-Engage Convention originally happening on 7th October 2021 to 11th November 2021.
The unprecedented on-going pandemic has undoubtedly presented bountiful lessons to business executives and forced organisations to evolve. Staying calm, act quickly, adapt, be flexible and pursue digital developments were common learnings across industries globally.
However, the prolonged pandemic has thrown larger challenges for companies’ core leadership to come up with strategies to weather uncertainties while keeping business operations running under the current trying circumstances. COVID-19 related disruptions, lack of quality talent, resource constraints relative to business needs, lack of innovation culture and changing regulations are some of the obstacles for corporate leaders face this year and potentially next year too.
Embracing fast and furious digital transformation and innovation is no longer a competitive edge to stay nimble but the only way to stay in business and ensure resiliency in times of mandated restricted activities. Therefore, it is imperative for the two business leaders in the organisation, the CIO and CFO, to work even more closely for a successful digital transformation. CIO and CFO should foster stronger collaboration to fine-tune their functional agendas in support of the overarching goal of revenue growth especially during uncertainties.
CXOCIETY is pleased to launch our flagship C-Engage Convention 2021 under the theme “Realising Your Transformation against Persistent Uncertainties”.
Taking place in Singapore on 11 November 2021, this in-person event will co-locate the FutureCFO and FutureCIO conferences, each gathering over 100 senior finance and 100 IT decision makers from multiple industries for a day of insightful presentations, real business case studies, best practices and incisive panel discussion.
The early morning shared plenary session will bring together CEOs, Finance and IT leaders from enterprises to discuss challenges and lessons learned they face in their business.
Rest assured, we comply with a comprehensive COVID-19 safe management plan and adhere strictly to the latest related Government guidelines and protocols for in-person events. Find out more about our in-person event safe management measures here.
We look forward to having you at this exciting event!
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
C-Engage Convention aims to give insights on driving technological transformation and on addressing pressing concerns to optimize digital investments and business performance to over 300 senior IT and finance leaders from multiple industries in the region.
This one-day event offers the best opportunity to hear from the industry’s leading professionals, contribute questions from the floor, engage in panel discussions, attend hands-on workshops on harnessing the power of disruptive technologies, and witness first-hand best practices in deploying the right technology and strategy to be successful in moving to the next phase of digital transformation and managing the change.
Registration and Welcome Coffee
Melissa Chua, Senior Editor, CXOCIETY
OPENING KEYNOTE: CEO’s New Agenda and Priorities in 2021 and Beyond: Redefining Digital Transformation in Your Organisation
Once a buzzword, digital transformation is now reshaping businesses globally. With the changes wrought by the prolonged pandemic, accelerating digital transformation is critical. As the top leader of your organisation, how should CEO reevaluate transformation initiatives to succeed in today’s ever-changing economies and political dynamics with restricted resource availability?
- Is your C-Suite equipped to lead a digital transformation in this new business ecosystem?
- Leveraging digital ecosystems to adapt and develop sustainable revenue
- Sectoral insights and perspectives
- Roadmap to lead successful digital transformation
Nam Soon Liew, ASEAN Managing Partner, EY
C-SUITE PANEL DISCUSSION I: Empowering CFO-CIO Collaboration for Digital Transformation Success amidst Persistent Uncertainties
- CFO and CIO’s role in reframing the future of the enterprise
- Aligning CIO-CFO’s digital transformation initiatives to maximise enterprise’s value and minimise risk
- Realising the value of CFO-CIO working relationship during uncertain business terrains
- Prioritising IT investments with strong business value
- Who is tracking IT ROI: The CIO or CFO?
- Who is really responsible for cyber security the COVID-19 era: The CISO, CIO or CFO?
Ng Lai Yee, Managing Partner & Country Leader, IBM CONSULTING, SINGAPORE PANELISTS:
David Tay, CIO, BEYONICS
Chaitanya Gorrepati, Head of Reliability Engineering (SRE), Platform Stability and Controls, Private Banking Technology, CREDIT SUISSE
Zakir Ahmed, Senior Vice President & GM, Asia Pacific & Japan, KOFAX
Arjun Jolly, General Manager, Finance Operations, Downstream & Trading Reporting & Analysis, SHELL
KEYNOTE: Integrating Planning and Performance Management in a Shifting Reality
- EPM as the catalyst of digital transformation efforts
- Creating agile business planning across the company with modern EPM
- Staying ahead of the competition with automated planning and continuous forecasting
Deepak Sanadhya, Sales Director Asia, JEDOX
C-SUITE PANEL DISCUSSION II: Creating Value to Leadership and Winning the Top Talent War in an Ever-Changing Environment
- How should corporate leaders approach leadership differently in the age of digital transformation?
- Remodeling talent profiles to meet digital needs
- Understanding what future employees want most in this new business ecosystem
- Creating inclusive or employee-led innovation culture to thrive in the digital age
- Identifying the skill sets that IT and Finance leaders require to stay relevant in the new post-COVID-19 world of work
Melissa Chua, Senior Editor, CXOCIETY PANELISTS:
Sourabh Chitrachar, Regional VP- IT Strategy & Ops, LIBERTY MUTUAL
Niels Maerkedahl, Global Technology Lead, CIO for Business Banking, STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Goh Yin Shian, Finance Director, TECKWAH INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION
Morning Networking Coffee Break
FutureCIO Conference Chairman’s Welcome Remarks
Yann Alain Hamon, Managing Director, WHY INNOVATION!
KEYNOTE: Driving a Future Fit Technology Strategy with Platforms, Practices and Partners
The global pandemic forced many firms to shift almost overnight to only engaging customers virtually. Digital teams were thrust to the forefront of organisation’s responses. These adverse circumstances are accelerating an already ongoing pivot in operating models to focus on one that better supports innovation, rapid changes and agile ways of working.
In the 2020s, customer-obsessed firms will adopt what Forrester calls a Future Fit Technology strategy: adaptive, reconfigures core business concepts; creative, brings emotion and engagement to customer experiences; and resilient, delivers on your vision and brand promise, no matter what comes next.
- What enables a future-proof tech strategy for your organisation?
- What modern technology platforms are and how they accelerate time-to-value?
- Why practices are replacing processes as the IT environment grows more dynamic?
- How partnerships based on co-innovation will become a critical advantage?
Frederic Giron, VP, Research Director, FORRESTER RESEARCH
KEYNOTE: Redefining Digital Transformation Strategy with Event-Driven Architecture (EDA)
To unlock the value of data, enterprises need to set their data in motion. Data in motion, or event streams, enable real time applications, microservices , and serverless innovations. Moreover, Data and event streams need to flow from on-prem to multiple clouds and back and also to edge of locations for IoT use cases.
- Real-time hybrid cloud digital transformation
- Modernizing applications and setting real-time data in motion as event streams
- Migrating workloads from multiple cloud using an event mesh
- Enhancing customer experience and time-to-market with events’ insights and AI/ML
- Reusing and adopting governance of event streams via and Event Portal
Sumeet Puri, Chief Technology Solutions Officer, SOLACE
PANEL DISCUSSION I: Rebuilding the Future: Preparing for the Next Wave of Digital Transformation
- CIO’s top agenda in 2022: Leadership, organisational and technology priorities for long-term agility
- The future of work for CIO: The evolving role of IT in response to the pandemic-fuelled challenges
- CIO’s role in leading customer experience strategy in the new world order
- The new working way for IT and tech teams given that BUs have more autonomy and staff with relevant skillsets are able to go on their own
Jimmy Ong, EY Technology Consulting Leader, Partner, EY ADVISORY PANELISTS:
Mohamed Hardi, Director & CIO, NATIONAL HERITAGE BOARD
Mahesh Joshi, Senior Director, Cloud Insight, JAPAC, ORACLE
Justin Ong, IT General Manager, PANASONIC ASIA PACIFIC
Azuhar Mohammed, Head of Global Solution Center – Expertise & Innovation, SANOFI
FutureCFO Conference Chairman’s Welcome Remarks
Jeremy Gray, Editorial Consultant, CXOCIETY
KEYNOTE: Finance Leaders Outlook for 2022
The prolonged COVID-19 pandemic has heightened uncertainties in the economic environment. Most finance leaders’ definition of long-term is now 6 months. With the current fragile external environments, how should CFOs in Singapore reshape their expectations and priorities in the coming months or year as the pandemic risks remain?
- Singapore’s economic outlook and what to expect in 2022
- Key insights, risks and opportunities shaping CFO’s agenda in 2021/2022
- Digital trends to watch in 2022
- Initiatives to build revenue streams
- Managing liquidity during tumultuous time
Rajiv Biswas, Executive Director and Asia-Pacific Chief Economist, IHS MARKIT
FIRESIDE CHAT: Treasury Management in the Age of Digital Transformation
- Automating the treasury function
- Meeting the challenges in designing and deployment of digital transformation across all treasury functions
- Leading, winning buy-in, managing skill sets of the treasury teams for a successful digital transformation
- Lesson learned from treasury digitization journey
Jeremy Gray, Editorial Consultant, CXOCIETY INTERVIEWEES:
Pulat Yunusmetov, Treasury Manager, DANONE
Ee Khoon Oon, Vice President, Asia Pacific, KYRIBA
PANEL DISCUSSION I: COVID 19 and the CFO: Forecasting, Budgeting and Planning for Uncertain Future
- Building flexible approach to planning, forecasting and budgeting without compromising target achievement and long term goals
- Turning the hard lessons into strategy and value
- Turbo-charging scenario-based financial planning and analysis to counter uncertainty
- Redefining key business drivers, priorities and finance talents to adapt to a changing economy and accelerate decision making
- Determining valuable data sources and trends for forecasting and planning
Richard Hayler, CFO, NUTRITION TECHNOLOGIES PANELISTS:
Daniel Viertel, Business Director, New Entry Market, CCH Tagetik, WOLTERS KLUWER
Christiaan van Ees, Regional VP Southeast Asia & India, RGP
Rain Yang, Head of Finance, YEO HIAP SENG (YEO’S)
KEYNOTE: Roadmap for IT and A Digital Transformation Integration
Digital transformation is a smart integration of digital technologies into all area of a business to improve business processes and operations and deliver value to customers. It involves a cultural, organisational and operational change of an enterprise across all levels and functions in a staged and strategic way. Therefore, technology naturally becomes the back bone of a business’s success in its digital transformation journey.
This session looks at how organisations can advance their enterprise IT integration strategies in line with their digital transformation journeys.
- Breaking through silos to excel in the digital landscape
- How digital transformation is integrated into overall IT strategy
- How CIO/IT Leader sees the value of digital transformation in company’s growth and resilience strategy
- Tying up technology initiatives together
Senior representative, SAS
PANEL DISCUSSION II: Elevating Security amidst Digital Revolution
- Navigating top cyber security challenges and breaches in the current business landscape
- Creating modern protection framework for modern applications
- Securing the expanded attack surface from remote working environment
- Migrating to a Zero-Trust Application at the lowest cost
- Integrating AI with cyber security
- Safeguarding your enterprise data for future readiness
Sanjay Aurora, Managing Director (APAC), DARKTRACE PANELISTS:
Leonard Ong, Region CISO, APAC, GE HEALTHCARE
Lim Shih Hsien, Head of Technology Masterplanning and Security, CISO, CSO, CERTIS
Brent Wong, CISO, SEPHORA ASIA
Frankie Shuai, Director of Cyber & Technology Risk, UBS
KEYNOTE: Leadership in Finance Shared Services in the New Normal
The prolonged pandemic has presented some challenges to businesses across the globe. Many organizations, SSCs included, are continuing to find ways to ensure productivity and increase efficiency.
- How should finance SSC leaders rethink their leadership and operating models to stay effective and succeed in the new normal?
- Delivering value and maintaining finance SSC’s agility in the new normal
- Leveraging technologies to optimise finance SSC operations and efficiency in today’s volatile, uncertain and complex economy
Ross Mackay, Group Head of Global Shared Services and Finance Process Optimisation, INTERNATIONAL SOS
PANEL DISCUSSION II: Reimagining Finance Leadership: Scaling Growth and Building Resilient Finance of the Future
- Assessing the role of modern CFO in the current economic and marketplace disruption
- Rethinking costs to drive growth past 2021
- Streamlining business processes to combat any erosion of revenue streams
- Building digit-able finance processes and talents
- Aligning growth, digital transformation and workforce
- Equipping, motivating and engaging employees in this new working model
Ronald Wong, Assurance Partner, EY PANELISTS:
Rishi Mehra, CFO, Asia, AON
Jasmine Zhong, CFO Asia, ASTRAZENECA
Munish Kaushal, Vice President Finance – Global Categories, Marketing & R&D, GSK
Senior Representative, JEDOX
Afternoon Networking Coffee Break
KEYNOTE: Driving Digital Transformation with Hyperautomation
- The future of hyperautomation
- Roadmap for enabling hyperautomation
- Overcoming hyperautomation challenges
Matthew Heap, Director of Solutions & Professional Services, APJ, RACKSPACE
KEYNOTE: Technetronic Enterprise: Combining Business, Human Capital and Technology
Sachin Shah, Regional VP and Head of APAC Digital Services, RGP
FIRESIDE CHAT: Application Modernisation for Agile and Scalable Business in a Continually Changing Macro-Environment
- Modernising legacy technology and architecture to achieve desired digital experiences
- Determining the right path to modernise applications in the cloud
- Adopting new IT delivery model to deliver business capabilities quickly, efficiently and securely
- Executing applications modernisation with minimised disruptions and risks to ensure business continuity
- Best practice in expediting applications modernisation for agility and better preparedness for unknown crisis in the future
Melissa Chua, Senior Editor, CXOCIETY INTERVIEWEE:
Ion Mudreac, Director DevOps and Cloud Development, SINGTEL
Closing Remarks by Chairman
End of Conference
KEYNOTE: Integrating Finance and Sustainability
Once deemed extra-financial, ESG is now seen as both risk and opportunity to an organization. As financial markets evolve, how will sustainability issues change an organization’s finance function and shape investor relations?
- The role of finance leader in leading and accelerating the implementation of organization’s sustainability strategy
- Building new capabilities within finance function for ESG reporting
- Driving the organization’s sustainability agenda while meeting cash flow expectations and profit targets
- New accounting framework and measures for financial performance reporting
James Lee, Director of Finance, SOFITEL
KEYNOTE: E-Invoicing: The Game Changer in Finance Ecosystem
E-Invoicing will revolutionise the way businesses transact invoices among each other. Stay on top of your game with e-Invoicing to improve efficiency and facilitate fast-track payment collection.
- Adopting e-invoicing as part of your structured digital transformation initiatives
- Leveraging e-invoicing to improve processes and cash flow
Geok Seong Wah, Director, e-Invoice Project Office, IMDA
PANEL DISCUSSION III: CFO’s Guide in Realising Digital Finance Function
- Preparing for the future: Pathways to accelerate digital finance of the future
- Identifying tech investments that will drive positive business outcomes and enhance employee performance within the new hybrid working models
- Building an agile finance function in today’s cost-constraint environment
- Accelerating digital skills within finance functions
- Bridging the digital divide
- Funding digitalisation
Alex Jee, Director Strategy and Finance Transformation, ORACLE PANELISTS:
Litao Liu, Head of Controlling and Planning Agile Digital Lab & Digital Academy, ABB
Haroon Aslam, Regional Finance Director, GETZ HEALTHCARE
Indradeep Das, Head of Finance, HILTI FAR EAST
Closing Remarks by Chairman
End of Conference
We will help you GENERATE quality business leads.
We will help you INCREASE your regional profile.
We will help you CREATE new business opportunities.
- Get cost-effective marketing exposure and branding to your target audience, culminating in face-to-face meetings with your prospects.
- Position and profile yourself as an industry leader.
- Increase your brand recognition.
- Create new partnerships and alliances.
- Develop relationships through new networking opportunities.
- Showcase new products and services to a targeted audience of decision makers.
- Get direct and exclusive access to Key decision-makers